Friday, September 14, 2007
16X20 pastel painting on canvas, nude "The Mask"

It seems like eyes are a recurring theme in my paintings. Eyes in this painting are one blue, another one green which was hard to capture with the camera(the colors in real painting are even more brilliant). When I started the painting, it occured to me that I wanted to see her eyes; of the things I considered were mirrors in the background; then bubbles(the soapy colorful kind that shine like Swarovki's) with her reflection in it; and then came "mask" which allowed me to transfer the intensity, strangeness, depth, and of course, the passion.

Labels:

posted by Angel @ 2:43 PM  
Comments:
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Eli said…

    You did a beautiful job on her back and hand!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Categories
Recent Posts
Archives
My Favorite Artists:
My Favorite Blogs:
Artist Resource Websites:
 
 
Artist Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory