Sunday, May 20, 2007
Charcoal Series

You are probably wondering where have I been and if I have found Nemo yet. Here's some Charcoal portraits I drew. What I've learned so far: I am not going for realistic. People have cameras for that. I am looking for a style. I am looking to make you appear better looking than you really are. I am looking for a mood. Nathan Fowkes, whose blog I've recently bookmarked, intrigues me. What's truly interesting, is how versatile his art is. He does charcoal, he does watercolors, and then he suddenly surprises me and goes all classic Old Master's! Is there anything he can't do? Nathan if you're ever in San Francisco, or considering an online class, give me a holler!

Labels:

posted by Angel @ 1:31 PM  
Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Categories
Recent Posts
Archives
My Favorite Artists:
My Favorite Blogs:
Artist Resource Websites:
 
 
Artist Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory