Friday, March 16, 2007
I meet Jim Warren
Well...let's just say it was not what I expected at all. He showed up at the gallery/not his gallery/in a company of friends as a prospect, and was very rude, drew some weird fantasy nude pictures, and was generally very disrespectful of women. I thought he was Middle East sort of totally demeaning attitude toward women. And his photos are all so serious and thougful, almost spiritual. The real Jim was loud, fun-loving and cocky, and unless you're a similar-minded, obnoxious, self-absorbed man too, then there will not be a conversation -- which shocked me because I just love his paintings. Coinsidentally, I watched Borat recently, and there was this scene where Borat accompanies a bunch of college students in an RV, and they talk about how women are all beneath and such -- I got the same air from Jim..., I am very disappointed!
posted by Angel @ 12:45 AM  
Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Categories
Recent Posts
Archives
My Favorite Artists:
My Favorite Blogs:
Artist Resource Websites:
 
 
Artist Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory