Friday, November 02, 2007
Golden Gate Bridge, 16x20", Oils on canvas

On the photo it's really hard to make out details, unfortunately. This is done in a "painterly" technique, with thick impasto brushstrokes(the paint is raised in high peaks, this is done wet-in-wet manner). The concept behind the picture is romance, so this is an atmosphere I was going for. A friend told me a symbolic story of how one side(of the bridge) represents a woman, and another a man. They are holding hands despite the distance, rainy weather and fog. The painting, of course, stands on its own merit and does not tell a story, as an artist is not a storyteller; however I was inspired by the emotion of the story and this is where it took me.

Labels: ,

posted by Angel @ 3:19 PM  
Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Categories
Recent Posts
Archives
My Favorite Artists:
My Favorite Blogs:
Artist Resource Websites:
 
 
Artist Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory